WILDFIRE RELIEF INFORMATION – LISTED BY STATE
How you can help
If you need help, where you can go to get it
COLORADO – INFORMATION
• CASH DONATIONS – Colorado Farm Bureau Fund – Checks payable to Colorado Farm Bureau Foundation, cash and credit card payments are being accepted at this time. Please note “Disaster Fund-CO Wildfire” in the memo line on the check. Cash and checks can be sent to:
Colorado Farm Bureau Foundation
Attn: Disaster Fund
9177 E. Mineral Circle
Centennial, CO 80112
• HAY, FENCING, TRUCKING DONATIONS – Take to CHS Grainland in Haxtun. A loader and scale are both available, if needed. Contact Rick Unrein (970) 520-3565 for more information about dropping off donations. More information: Kent Kokes 970-580-8109, John Michal 970-522-2330, Justin Price 970-580-6315 Dan Firme 970-520-0949
KANSAS – INFORMATION
• DONATIONS OF HAY AND FENCING – Kansas Livestock Association is organizing hay and fencing material donations for delivery to affected areas in Kansas. To make in-kind donations, call KLA at (785) 273-5115.
• CASH DONATIONS – Cash donations can be made through the Kansas Livestock Foundation (KLF), KLA’s charitable arm, by going towww.kla.org/
OKLAHOMA – INFORMATION
• SUPPLY POINT – Ochiltree, Lipscomb, Hemphill and Roberts counties will be located at 202 W. Main St., Lipscomb. The point of contact is J.R. Sprague, AgriLife Extension agent in Lipscomb County, who can be contacted at 806-862-4601, office, or 806-202-5288, cell.
• SUPPLY POINT – Gray, Wheeler and Roberts counties will be at 301 Bull Barn Drive, Clyde Carruth Expo Center, Pampa. Mike Jeffcoat, AgriLife Extension agent in Gray County, is the point of contact and can be reached at 806-669-8033, office, or 580-467-0753, cell.
• FOUND CATTLE – For found cattle or other livestock with official identification, document the number and location of the animals and call the Texas Animal Health Commission at 512-719-0733 or 806-354-9335. They will contact the owner.
• STRAY CATTLE W BRAND– For stray cattle with a brand, call the Texas Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association at 817-332-7064 for brand identification.
• STRAYS ON PROPERTY– In the event cattle stray onto your property, you must report them to the sheriff’s office in the county in which you are located within five days of discovery to be eligible for reasonable payment for maintenance or damages caused by the estray livestock. For more information regarding Texas’ estray laws visit: Texas Agriculture Code, Chapter 142.
• CARCASS DISPOSAL– For questions about carcass disposal, call the Texas Commission on Environment Quality at 800-832-8224 or visit their website at www.tceq.texas.gov.
TEXAS – INFORMATION (provided by Capital Farm Credit):
• Have an injured animal that needs to be processed? Please contact these resources for further help/information:
o Preferred Beef (Booker, TX) Travis Herrod 806-435-7999
o Caviness Beef Packers (Hereford, TX) Steve Anthony 806-357-2333
• In need of vet-related supplies?
o In need of Vetercyn spray and Pen G? Forrest Watson (Spitzer Animal Health) will be at the Higgins Fire Department the morning of Thursday, March 9. He will stay until dark or he runs out of products. (free of charge)
o Synbiot Ag Wash is donating their Wound Wash product to anyone in need as a result of the Texas Panhandle Fires. Contact Michael Jeffcoat, CEA, 580-467-0753.
• In need of hay, fencing and/or general supplies? Want to donate supplies?
o Arena of Life Cowboy Church (Amarillo) is taking, and will be distributing, hay donations.
o Michael Jeffcoat, CEA (Gray County AgriLife Extension) 580-467-0753
Hay donations can be made at Clyde Carruth Pavillion (301 Bull Barn Drive, Pampa, TX)
o J.R. Sprague, CEA (Lipscomb County AgriLife Extension) 806-202-5288
Hay donations can be made at Lipscomb County Show Facility (202 W. Main St., Lipscomb, TX)
o Andy Holloway, CEA (Hemphill County AgriLife Extension) 325-668-0466
• General Questions?
o Visit Texas AgriLife Extension Service- Wildfire Resources
• Want to lend your support? Contact these relief organizations:
o American Red Cross- Texas Panhandle
o Perryton Fire EMS
o Higgins-Lipscomb Volunteer Fire Department